[ovirt-users] ovirt-ng upgrade

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Fri Jul 7 10:13:19 UTC 2017

Hello,

I've been used to install vdsm on regular centos to provision my hosts.

I recently installed ovirt-ng on new hosts, but centos "base" and
"updates" repo are disabled by default. So I updated them by enabling
theses repos tio update centos.

Several questions :

  * Is this a good practice or should I wait a new ovirt-ng image to
    update the whole system with

    |  # ovirt-node-upgrade --iso=/path/to/ovirt-node-image.iso --reboot=1|

  * |Now ovirt 4.1.3 is out, I have to uncomment
    "includepkgs=ovirt-node-ng-image-update ovirt-node-ng-image
    ovirt-engine-appliance" in the ovirt repo to get the last vdsm, but
    the dependencies are broken:
    [root at ulysses yum.repos.d]# yum update --enablerepo=base
    --enablerepo=updates -y
    |--> Résolution des dépendances terminée
    Erreur : Paquet :
    ovirt-hosted-engine-setup-2.1.3.3-1.el7.centos.noarch (ovirt-4.1)
                  Requiert : rubygem-fluent-plugin-viaq_data_model

Is this a good alternative way to do, or may I have issues if I do want
such a thing?

--
Nathanaël Blanchet

Supervision réseau