[ovirt-users] virt-v2v to glusterfs storage domain

Arik Hadas ahadas at redhat.com
Tue Jul 11 08:18:02 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 7:54 PM, Ramachandra Reddy Ankireddypalle <
rcreddy.ankireddypalle at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for looking in to this. I am looking for a way to achieve this
> through command/script. I tried using virtv2v as below.
>
> [root at hcadev3 tmp]# virt-v2v -i ova 1Deepakvm2.ova -o rhev -of qcow2 -os
> hcadev3:/dav_vm_vol
> [   0.0] Opening the source -i ova 1Deepakvm2.ova
> [   1.2] Creating an overlay to protect the source from being modified
> [   2.3] Initializing the target -o rhev -os hcadev3:/dav_vm_vol
> mount.nfs: requested NFS version or transport protocol is not supported
>
> I am looking for a way to provide an option to virt-v2v to understand that
> dav_vm_vol is a glusterfs volume and that it can be accessed from node
> hcadev3.

So the "-o rhev" should not be used in that case because then virt-v2v
assumes the target is an export domain and tries to mount it as NFS.
If this has to be done via the command line then the flag that needs to be
used in virt-v2v is "-o vdsm" but it requires you to create the images and
mount them to the host that the conversion is executed on by yourself + to
execute virt-v2v with vdsm's permissions - which is complicated. That is
why this option was not intended for invocation by users from the command
line (but to be used by vdsm), however, that's possible.
It would be simpler to use the REST-API based clients in that case.