[ovirt-users] Manually moving disks from FC to iSCSI

Elad Ben Aharon ebenahar at redhat.com
Tue Jul 11 13:33:29 UTC 2017

Hi,

I suggest another solution for you (which wasn't tested as a whole but much
simpler in my opinion).

 On the source environment:
- Create a local DC with a single local storage domain (let's call it sd1).
- Deactivate and detach the FC domain from the existing shared DC and
attach it to the local DC (From oVirt 4.1, attaching a shared storage
domain to a local data center is possible).
- Register FC domain VMs (from 'VM import' sub-tab under the FC domain).
- Move the disks from the FC domain to the local domain.
- Deactivate, detach and remove *without format* the local domain from the
source environment.
- Maintenance the host in the local data center (let's call it host1).

 On the destination environment:
- Add host1 to the destination environment and create a local data center
with this host and a new local domain.
- Import the existing local domain (sd1) to the local data center and
register its VMs.
- Deactivate and detach the iSCSI domain from the existing data center and
attach it to the local data center.
- Move all the disks from the local domain to the iSCSI domain.
- Deactivate and detach the iSCSI domain from the local data center, attach
and activate it in the shared data center and register its VMs.

Thanks,

ELAD BEN AHARON

SENIOR QUALITY ENGINEER

Red Hat Israel Ltd. <https://www.redhat.com/>

34 Jerusalem Road, Building A, 1st floor

Ra'anana, Israel 4350109

ebenahar at redhat.com    T: +972-9-7692007/8272007
 <https://red.ht/sig> TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>