[ovirt-users] Installation oVirt node and engine on the same machine

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Sun Jul 16 05:59:28 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 7:40 PM, Vinícius Ferrão <ferrao at if.ufrj.br> wrote:
> WC, here is one guide. The procedure is what Alexander said: self-hosted
> engine.
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/documentation/self-hosted/Self-Hosted_Engine_Guide/

Indeed.

There is one important difference: hosted-engine requires some shared storage.
In principle you can use shared storage exported from the same machine.
You can do that with NFS or iSCSI. NFS is considered somewhat more risky, but
somewhat easier to setup (at least, if you have no experience with iSCSI).
You can search the list archives with things like 'hosted-engine all-in-one
same machine nfs iscsi'.

Another option, depending on your needs, is lago + ovirt-system-tests.

Best,

> V.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 14 Jul 2017, at 10:21, wc hung <recreationh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Could we install oVirt node and engine on the same machine? If we can do
> that, is there any guide to show the step?

Didi