[ovirt-users] Hosts been evacuated unnecessarily

FERNANDO FREDIANI fernando.frediani at upx.com
Tue Nov 28 11:48:09 UTC 2017

Hello folks.

Ou oVirt (4.1.7.3-1.el7.centos) which runs in one Datacenter and
controls Nodes locally and also remotelly lost communication with the
remote Nodes in another Datacenter.
To this point nothing wrong as the Nodes can continue working as
expected and running their Virtual Machines each without dependency of
the oVirt Engine.

What happened at some point is that when the communication between
Engine and Hosts came back Hosts in the remote Datacenter got confused
and initiated a Live Migration of ALL VMs from one of the hosts to
another. I had also to restart vdsmd agent on all Hosts in order to get
sanity my environment.

What adds up even more strangeness to this scenario is that one of the
Hosts affected by the need of restarting VDSM doesn't belong to the same
Cluster as the others and had to have the vdsmd restarted.

I understand the Hosts can survive without the Engine online with
reduced possibilities but can communicated between them, but without
affecting the VMs or even needing to do what happened in this scenario.

Am I wrong on any of the assumptions ?

Fernando