[ovirt-users] Hosted engine setup question

Charles Kozler ckozleriii at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 17:55:37 UTC 2017

I did a 3.6 to 4.1 like this. I moved all of my VMs to a new storage domain
(the other was hyperconverged gluster) and then took a full outage, shut
down all of my VMs, detached from 3.6, and imported on 4.1. I had no issues
other than expected mac address changes, but I think you can manually
override this in the engine somewhere

If you are worried, do it with one VM. Create a new storage domain that
both clusters can "see", move one VM to the domain on 3.6, detach, and
import to 3.1. Bring the VM up

If it is Linux VM's older than systemd and using sysvinit, you will hit
issues where your MAC address will change and udev will move it to eth#
wherever # is the next available NIC in your VM host