[ovirt-users] Hosted engine setup question

Demeter Tibor tdemeter at itsmart.hu
Tue Oct 3 08:37:24 UTC 2017

Dear Charles,
Thank you for your reply.

I don't want to make an another storage domain, I just want to do a detach-attach procedure with the existing.

Also, I have an another question. Is it possible delete snapshots in 4.1 what were created in 3.5? How is safe this?
I have some vm snapshot in the old system, but I don't want more outage with deleting them.The 3.5 does not support the live snapshot deleting, but the 4.1 yes.

Thanks,

Tibor

----- 2017. okt.. 2., 19:55, Charles Kozler <ckozleriii at gmail.com> írta:

> I did a 3.6 to 4.1 like this. I moved all of my VMs to a new storage domain (the
> other was hyperconverged gluster) and then took a full outage, shut down all of
> my VMs, detached from 3.6, and imported on 4.1. I had no issues other than
> expected mac address changes, but I think you can manually override this in the
> engine somewhere
> If you are worried, do it with one VM. Create a new storage domain that both
> clusters can "see", move one VM to the domain on 3.6, detach, and import to
> 3.1. Bring the VM up

> If it is Linux VM's older than systemd and using sysvinit, you will hit issues
> where your MAC address will change and udev will move it to eth# wherever # is
> the next available NIC in your VM host

> On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 12:54 PM, Demeter Tibor < [ mailto:tdemeter at itsmart.hu |
> tdemeter at itsmart.hu ] > wrote:

>> Hi,
>> Can anyone answer my questions?

>> Thanks in advance,
>> R,

>> Tibor

>> ----- 2017. szept.. 19., 8:31, Demeter Tibor < [ mailto:tdemeter at itsmart.hu |
>> tdemeter at itsmart.hu ] > írta:

>>> - I have a productive ovirt cluster based on 3.5 series. This using a shared nfs
>>> storage. Is it possible to migrate VMs from 3.5 to 4.1 with detach shared
>>> storage from the old cluster and attach it to the new cluster?
>>> - If yes what will happend with the VM properies? For example mac addresses,
>>> limits, etc. Those will be migrated or not?

>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Regard

>>> Tibor