[ovirt-users] Configuring ilo4 on hp blade gen 9

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 09:38:28 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 11:04 AM, Martin Perina <mperina at redhat.com> wrote:

> ​Please take a look at man page of fence_ilo_ssh and scroll down to STDIN
> PARAMETERS section. These parameters needs to be used in Options field in
> webadmin

It seems on ovirt node the man pages are missing, probably to cut off
installation base.. ;-)
Anyway I would check installing the ordinary rpm package on a base CentOS 7
system.
In the mean time I have checked the STDIN  PARAMETERS section of fence_ilo4
man page for a CentOS  6.7 clustersuite server I have at hand, thanks. I
think it should be similar

>> All in all do you think it is the best agent for ilo4 based blades?
>>

> ​Yes, according to our knowledge ilo4 should be used for all new HP
> servers (and also ilo4 agent has most of default parameters, so if you
> don't have some special configuration on your server you should be fine.
>>

>> I have made some test with fence_ilo4 but unable to get success... what
>> should I enable on ilo web administration page in this case, if you think
>> the agent would be better for any reason?
>>

> ​If you are using admin user, then the default should be fine. If you are
> want to create a special user just for oVirt PM operations then following
> permissions needs to be assigned to user within iLO4 configuration​:
>
>   Virtual power and reset
>   Remote Console Access
>   Virtual Media
>
> And you need to add following into Options for the host PM settings:
>
>   privlvl=operator
>
>> Thanks
>
> Martin​

Perfect: it works.
Assigned the three privileges to the fenceuser user and now the
corresponding command line works

# fence_ilo4 -a ilo_ip -l fenceuser -L operator -S
/usr/local/bin/my_fence_script.sh -o status
#

And also from gui the test is ok using ilo4 type and
"privlvl=operator,inet4_only=1" option

BTW: for the fence_ilo_ssh agent it is enough to have only the "Virtual
power and reset" privilege for the dedicated user (at least to get the
status of the blade)

Thanks again,
Gianluca