[ovirt-users] using oVirt with newer librbd1

Konstantin Shalygin k0ste at k0ste.ru
Tue Oct 24 12:09:32 UTC 2017

> we want to use a Ceph cluster as the main storage for our oVirt 4.1.x
> datacenter. We successfully tested using librbd1-12.2.1-0.el7 package
> from Ceph repos instead of the standard librbd1-0.94.5-2.el7 from CentOS
> 7 in an oVirt virtualization node. Are there any caveats when doing so?
> Will this work in oVirt 4.2?

Hello Matthias. Can I ask separate question?
At this time we atoVirt 4.1.3.5 and Ceph Cluster at 11.2.0 (Kraken).In
few weeks I planned to expand the cluster and I would like to upgrade to
Ceph 12 (Luminous), for bluestore support.
So my question is:have you tested oVirt with Ceph 12?

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Konstantin Shalygin