[ovirt-users] User portal permissions

Staniforth, Paul P.Staniforth at leedsbeckett.ac.uk
Wed May 2 09:31:34 UTC 2018

Hello Kristian,

I haven't upgraded to 4.2 yet but in 4.1

I create a Directory services group and add the user to it

Then I give the user roles

VmCreator

DiskProfileUser

VnicProfileUser

These can be added to a DC, storage domain, cluster, etc.

The  VnicProfileUser means that you can restrict networks and impose QOS, Network Filters,etc.

We then add UserTemplateBasedVm permission to give them access to specific templates.

For users we allow to create templates we add TemplateCreator permission to their group.

These are all user permissions so they can't login to the admin portal.

Regards,

             Paul S.