[ovirt-users] Data Center Upgrade to 3.6 fails with "Upgrading a pool while an upgrade is in process is unsupported" - any fix for this ?

Joseph Kelly Joseph.Kelly at tradingscreen.com
Mon May 7 07:04:13 UTC 2018

Hello All - I'm trying to upgrade a Data Center in ovirt 3.6.4 from 3.4 to 3.6 but I'm getting this error when I tried:

May 7, 2018 3:07:55 PM VDSM command failed: Upgrading a pool while an upgrade is in process is unsupported
(pool: `9667c5e8-97b1-4e09-be44-2696a69f8959`)

Please note that all clusters are already at 3.6 compatability and the final step is to upgrade the Data Center to 3.6.
So I've tried these steps as a workaorund from the RHEV tech-doc below but it hasn't worked for me:

    Deactivate the Export and ISO domains.
    Switch SPM to another host.
    Try the upgrade again
    Activate Export and ISO domains as required.

(From https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2332581 )

And I also tried to search mail-archive.com for past Email but didn't find anything matching this particular issue.

https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=users%40ovirt.org&q=3.6+compat&x=0&y=0
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=users%40ovirt.org&q=ovirt+Data+center+compat&x=0&y=0

So has anyone found another way to fix this problem e.g. does the ovirt DB need to be directly updated ?

Thanks,
Joe.

--
J. Kelly
Infrastructure Engineer

Follow TradingScreen on Twitter<http://twitter.com/#%21/TradingScreen>, Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/TradingScreen/214046251945650>, or our blog, Trading Smarter<http://tradingsmarter.tradingscreen.com/>

This message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, you should not review, distribute or copy this message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this message in error and delete it from your system.