[Workshop-nov2011] Ride sharing

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Oct 14 17:00:07 UTC 2011

This morning I was looking at how to get from SFO to Cisco Building O (aka 0). It is not inexpensive. It is far enough that hotels probably don't offer shuttles. It is not easy to get from SFO to SJC to catch a hotel shuttle.

I put up shuttle details on the wiki. We have enough of an international attendance that I figure renting a car is not an easy option?

It occurs to me that a little collaboration by this group might pair some willing drivers with riders. Be aware it is nearly a 2 hour round trip from the Cisco area to SFO.

Myself, I'm renting a minivan so I can haul people & stuff, and I'm driving 1 hour on 1 Nov to Cisco. I can leave very early for an early SFO pickup, such as 6:30 perhaps.

You can coordinate here or via the wiki, as you wish.

- Karsten