The infra team have agreed that this is a good approach to follow.
Alter Way have clarified that thir offer stands even if we host our wiki
and website on OpenShift rather than on their oVirt cloud service.
At this point, I need board approval of this hosting move, and the
counter-part which Alter Way are requesting (namely, acknowledgement on
the footer of pages of hosted services (Jenkins, Gerrit),
acknowledgement as a sponsor of the project on the "Project supporters"
page, and to have their H2O service be included as a case study of an
oVirt deployment on oVirt.org
Personally I think this is all very reasonable.
I will be meeting Alter Way on Thursday in Paris - may I set a 2 day
deadline for feedback and approvals/disapprovals, and consider the board
concensus position at the end of that period (10:00 EST Thursday)?
On 10/02/2012 07:24 PM, Dave Neary wrote:
Alter Way (oVirt user and community member, French company) have
generously offered to host some of our services as part of their efforts
to support the project.
To give some background: The company is preparing a cloud offering based
on oVirt nightlies running on Fedora. They are a hosting company (among
other things) based in Paris, France.
We talked to them about our needs for Jenkins, and after getting
reassurance on the bandwidth requirements for the Jenkins server, they
have ade the following offer:
Alter Way will provide:
- For Jenkins, 2 Bi Quad servers (with Jenkins running on bare metal)
with 8 or 16 GB of RAM each and 2 fast 146 GB disks each, with RAID 10
for the 4 disks
- For other services (Gerrit, Mailman, wiki, git): 1 or 2 VMs hosted
In return, they would like:
- Recognition of the hosting in the page footer of the hosted services
- Recognition as a project sponsor on the project sponsors and
- The also offer to have their cloud service serve as a case study for
the oVirt project
I did discuss with Stéphane Vincent, their representative, that we might
want to host some services elsewhere - we have previously talked about
hosting the website on OpenShift. I've asked him (and am waiting for
clarification) on whether that might affect their offer.
In the meantime, I would like the opinions of the infra team - does this
offer satisfy our needs and requirements for Jenkins? If that's the
case, I would like to ask the board if they approve of the offer and the
request to recognise Alter Way as a sponsor of the project?
I will be seeing Alter way again next week at the Open World Forum, it
would be really great if we could finalise this by then, and concentrate
on getting a basic hosting agreement in place by then.
Thank you all,
Community Action and Impact
Open Source and Standards, Red Hat
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13