On 09/26/2011 11:50 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
I think we should to add a BOF section to discuss projects, or devote
some time in our upcoming weekly meetings around bringing in / managing
My main though is that we should maybe create a set of questions for new
subprojects to fill out as I expect we are going to want to have any new
subproject answer, or think through the following basic things
- Basic summary of the project
- How / where does this sub-project integrate into the oVirt stack?
- Are there any impact or features that need to be exposed via the UI?
- What existing API's does the project use
- Does the project expose or create new APIs.
- Maybe a question about engagement/resources, i think it is worth
phrasing a question to help us avoid adopting stale projects, or one man
project who can't dedicate decent time for it.
- What support does the project need/expect from the ovirt umbrella,
maybe some infra support (like setting git, gerrit, jenkins etc.) or
other project-specific support.
We can maybe work a doc as we do this a few times.
The idea is not to make it complicated, just to get us thinking about
the right things when we work through the process.
Board mailing list