i just checked and found the source of the problem. (i'll reply to the other threads
on this as well).
We have 2 jenkins slaves (bare metal minidells) that runs from a DMZ lab and can only be
to jenkins master via JNLP connection from slave->master and not via ssh.
this requires that the slave will run a java command  to connect to the server with a
specific slave name.
someone by mistake used the same command to connect both of the slaves, so it seemed that
jenkins got confused
between the two and probably had issues finding JAVA_HOME. (the f19 slave actually was
I've fixed that now and both slaves are connected with their own command.
actions we MUST do to prevent this next time:
1. create new systemd service for the java command via puppet + param on foreman for the
unique ID per host.
2. if you do bring up a host manually - make sure you use the correct command to connect
 java -jar slave.jar -jnlpUrl
java -jar slave.jar -jnlpUrl
Sandro - i've re-triggered all failed gerrit jobs, please check again.
----- Original Message -----
From: "R P Herrold" <herrold(a)owlriver.com>
To: "Sandro Bonazzola" <sbonazzo(a)redhat.com>
Cc: "oVirt infrastructure ML" <infra(a)ovirt.org>
Sent: Friday, December 6, 2013 6:55:29 PM
Subject: ovirt_engine_3.3_find_bugs_gerrit failing on JAVA_HOME not defined correctly
On Fri, 6 Dec 2013, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.
> We cannot execute /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk.x86_64/bin/java
I suspect the java7 -> java updated filepath name changes are
biting ... the EL 6.5 updates changed things
I see on an updated CentOS 6
[herrold@centos-6 ~]$ rpm -ql java-1.7.0-openjdk | \
grep lib/jvm | grep -v "184.108.40.206"
[herrold@centos-6 ~]$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/jvm-exports/jre-1.7.0-openjdk.x86_64
so there is an added: .45 at the end of the: jre-1.7.0 part
-- Russ herrold
Infra mailing list