I updated my feature page  on the legacy site last week and added the
new picture file . That's missing in the new site and github.
Looks like source/images/wiki folder was updated on github on Jun 19th last
time, which is quite long time ago...
IMHO it re-synced again...
On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Mikey Ariel <mariel(a)redhat.com> wrote:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Following yesterday's pre-launch email, I'm happy to announce that
the new ovirt.org website is now live in **public beta** and
available for community review.
All the information in this email is also available in the first blog
post of our shiny new oVirt blog. Read on for information about new
features, known issues, and a call for reviews.
The old MediaWiki site is still available in read-only, and will be
taken offline on **March 1, 2016**. This is to ensure that you can
compare pages and review migrated content.
The new Website is full of improvements and enhancements, check out
* Source content is now formatted in Markdown instead of MediaWiki.
This means that you can create and edit documentation, blog posts, and
feature pages with the same Markdown syntax you know.
* The Website is deployed with Middleman and stored on GitHub. This
means that you can make changes to content with the same GitHub
contribution workflow that you know (fork, clone, edit, commit, submit
pull request). We even have an "Edit this page on GitHub" link at the
bottom of every page!
* New layout and design, from breadcrumbs to sidebards and an upgraded
landing page. (This is still WIP, please see known issues.)
* Automatic redirects from the old MediaWiki site. This means that if
the wiki page exists in the new website, previously-released URLs will
redirect to that page. If the page was removed, the Search page will
open with the page title auto-filled in the search box.
* Hierarchical content structure. This means that instead of flat
Wiki-style files, the deployed Website reflects an organized source
repo with content sorted into directories and sub-directories.
* Official oVirt blog! Our new blog welcomes contributions. This means
that if you solved a problem with oVirt, want to share your oVirt
story, or describe a cool integration, you can submit a pull request
with a blog post and we will provide editorial reviews and help
publish your posts.
* Standardized contribution process. The GitHub repo now includes a
README.md file that you can use to learn about how to add and edit
content on the website. We welcome pull requests!
Despite our best efforts, there are still a few kinks with the new
website that you should be aware of:
* Attempting to navigate to ovirt.org
(without www.) leads to a
redirect loop. We have a ticket open with OpenShift, our hosting
service to fix this.
* Only http is available. We also have a ticket with OpenShift to add
SSL and enable https.
* Home page and Download page are still being upgraded by our UX
experts, expect some cool new changes soon!
* Feature pages look-and-feel is still under construction. You can
still edit and push feature pages as usual.
Even though the Website is live, the work is hardly over. We'd like to
ask for your help in:
* Reviewing content for anything obsolete or outdated (each page in
the new website includes a header toolbar with metadata from the
original wiki page for your convenience)
* Submitting blog posts or any other content that you wish to share
with the oVirt community
* Reporting bugs and proposing enhancements, for example broken links
or missing pages
We hope you will enjoy the new oVirt Website, looking forward to your
feedback and contributions!
Community Lead, oVirt
"To be is to do" (Socrates)
"To do is to be" (Jean-Paul Sartre)
"Do be do be do" (Frank Sinatra)
IRC: mariel / thatdocslady
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Devel mailing list