On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Eyal Edri <eedri(a)redhat.com> wrote:
A weekly reminder on open bugs & patches to keep track on
*Blocking bugs in potential:*
- Bug 1311121 - oVirt system tests for 3.6 fail to deactivate domain
on the first try - suspect race between OVF update and SPM stop (engine bug)
- Patch provided, pending verification/testing on the tests
Looks like https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/55514/
[Basic quota tests] - which
has nothing to do with storage, can be a great workaround for the above.
Since essentially the above is a race, just doing something that takes a
bit of time will allow the OVF update to be completed successfully.
Playing with quota allows that.
In addition, a simple switch between the order of hot-add disk and hot-add
NIC in 004 tests will overcome the 2nd place this might happen.
- WIP:Fix the master suite runs
- Improvements to storage domains add tests
- Merged storage servers into one
- Basic quote tests
If you have any updates on the bugs/patches please reply with more info.
The move to EL7 has brought in several issues:
1. For some reason, there's now a need to sync tens of more packages. Not
sure why. I'll send a patch later this week to do that. With them, host
installation time is slashed almost back to normal.
2. 'Almost back to normal' - as there's another regression (for which I
have a workaround as well) that needs to be handled too, to take host
installation down to ~2 minutes.
3. Hosts stuck on installation - I believe this is a network bug.
4. I think that writing logs into test_logs/... is a bit of a regression -
it doesn't allow to easily run multiple tests, as I've used to. Offline
discussion with David turned out that there's some additional work to do to
allow it - we need to focus on it (after uniting the storage servers, etc.)
5. I have several changes to the storage server deployment scripts - small
changes, but I believe they are beneficial (move everything to XFS, fewer
LUNs, disable firewall on them, etc.)
6. Seems like I've almost managed to install Gluster in a hyper-converged
setup with gdeploy. I'll try to push this too this week. It's a bit
ugly, but works.
7. I'm looking into collect artifacts. Just realized it freezes the OS,
which isn't optimal. I've tried with scp only - and it looks good and fast.
EMEA ENG Virtualization R&D
Red Hat Israel
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)
lago-devel mailing list