[ovirt-announce] [ovirt-users] [ANN] oVirt 4.0.4 First Release Candidate is now available

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 05:40:25 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 3:58 PM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The oVirt Project is pleased to announce the availability of the First
>> Release Candidate of oVirt 4.0.4 for testing, as of August 31st, 2016.
>>

> Hi Sandro,
> does this mean that 4.0.3 was final, 2 days ago?
> I indeed noticed a strange subject in that e-mail
>
> [ANN] oVirt 4.0.3 Final Release Candidate is now available
>
> There were both "Final" and "Candidate" words ... and I was a bit
> confused...

Sorry, my copy / paste bad habit for announce emails...
Yes, it was final.

> Also if this is true, any particular reason to have a new release
> candidate right 2 days after the previous final?
> Is it not too fast for users to stay ahead? Or do we need to consider
> "Release Candidate" phrase in a different way than usual?
> Only my opinion...

4.0.3 has been a short cycle release to fix some urgent bugs / regression
on top of 4.0.2.

4.0.4 will have probably a longer cycle and even if we just released 4.0.3
GA, having fixed more than 100 bugs comparing to 4.0.3 seemed a good idea
to issue a RC allowing people afflicted by those bugs to have a fix to test
as soon as possible.

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com