oVirt 3.1 targeted release platform

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 06:04:57 UTC 2012

On 04/04/2012 10:41 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 01:14:15PM -0400, Carl Trieloff wrote:
>>

>>  From a users perspective, it would be best for it to work on both 16&
>> 17 for a period of time.
>
> I believe that this makes "it" a "them" - at lease for vdsm this would
> require two rpms built and QAed. I hope we can avoid that, and release
> only one stack, preferably over f17.
>
> Note that even though vdsm's HEAD requires stuff that is out of f16,
> the vdsm team could produce stable vdsm builds for whatever platform
> that we choose.

need to see amount of overhead for engine side, as it will be moving to
new jboss rpm's (which were just approved yesterday in f17).
I don't see anyone pushing jboss rpm's for f16 at this point, and need
to see if makes sense to continue maintaining the ovirt-jboss rpm which
was created as a temporary solution (and the setup support for it)