the new oVirt website: live preview!

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 12:57:07 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 09/20/2012 02:27 PM, Garrett LeSage wrote:
> On 09/20/2012 08:17 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>>    The top page and the Download page don't even tell what licence
>> is applicable, IMHO that crucial information should be presented to
>> the user between the time it hits the home page and the time he's told
>> how to install it on Fedora 17.
>
> That's a great point.
>
> Is it enough to mention "ASL2.0" in the footer and link to a licensing
> page, like the current oVirt.org website does? Or should we say more?

IMHO, the license matters at earliest when you're downloading (so not on
the front page), and probably only when you're making changes (the
"Developer" or "Contributor" pages). The important thing is to let
people know that the product is open source - that they are free to
modify and redistribute it. The actual license only matters at the point
where you want to do that.

Cheers,
Dave.

--