Network traffic shaping.

Moti Asayag masayag at redhat.com
Fri Jul 19 15:07:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

According to the 'Detailed description' section in the wiki, it is stated that the
admin may override the traffic shaping of the network on the data-center level with
a specific one per host.

Is there a need to persist this configuration on the engine side and to present it
to the user or we just passing these settings to the host while configuring the
network on the host and abandoning them afterwards? Meaning, VDSM will report the QoS per
host's network and it will be presented to the user. But the actual values that
were used to set these network QoS won't be persistent on the engine side?

The answer to the above has further implication on the design on engine side,
therefore before starting futile discussion, is there such a requirement ?