Network traffic shaping.

Giuseppe Vallarelli gvallare at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 12:48:02 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Ok I agree with you, makes sense. Always related to this matter mostly
to the quality of service table, wouldn't be better to have a db table
formed with these attributes: id, avg, burst, peak (table name qos)
so a vnic or a network can link to it - without 'owning' these attributes.

| 2. What is the proposed permissions model?

I form an idea still and update the feature page accordingly.

| 3. Please consider how you would handle this in Setup Networks:
| 3.1. How will you handle only delta?
| 3.2. Are you going to handle this with regards to sync between host actual
| definition, and logical definition?
| 3.3. This would imply that you need to report this data back from VDSM and
| save it per host NIC..
|
| 4. In the DB change section you should specify which columns/constraints
| you're going to add.

same as point 2. Thanks for the feedback I need to refine furthermore
the proposal.

Cheers, Giuseppe