Policy for applying copyright notices

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 08:26:11 UTC 2011

On Monday 24 October 2011 20:01:39 Carl Trieloff wrote:
> On 10/24/2011 12:22 PM, Karsten Wade wrote:
> > It sounds as if you are suggesting we assign copyright to oVirt, which
> > doesn't make sense to me. oVirt isn't a legal entity that can hold a
> > copyright.
>
> correct, it needs to be to you or the company you work for at the time
> of authorship of the file for new files to the project.
>
> Carl.

I was following the Apache sample you gave. If ovirt.org is not a legal entity
for intellectual property matters, and contributer does not belong to a company
we'll get to a state which every file in the project will be copyrighted to
a different person. This is too chaotic.

--

/d

"Do not look into laser with remaining eye." --On a laser pointer user-manual