[VOTE] Include Nomad into the oVirt Incubator

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Sat Oct 29 19:28:06 UTC 2011

On 10/27/2011 10:16 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 10/27/2011 09:09 PM, Isaac Christoffersen wrote:
>> Itamar,
>>
>> I'm actually looking forward to the portal and web admin next week. I'm
>> certain there will be some convergence/reusability there and it would be
>> helpful to see the different use cases at hand. I'm also looking at ways
>> to ensure
>>
>> As a background, we used the RHEVM-API because of it provides us the
>> ability to do pretty much anything that the IE-Only GUI did. And with
>> fewer clicks ;-) Before that, my alternative was to fire up my Remote
>> Desktop application on my Xoom and pull back the windows environment -
>> not very android wifi friendly.
>>
>> I think there are 2 design goals that are relevant here:
>>
>>     1) One codebase to generate a mobile application for both iOS and
>>     Android.
>>     2) Cache the immutable attributes for resources (GUIDs, in
>>     particular) to the number of remote calls.
>>
>> This does not preclude someone from flipping to the full browser on the
>> mobile device, but it can provide some quick admin functionality,
>> especially in when there is a poor network connection.
>
> I agree. smartphones are different (using browser on them is last resort
> for me)
> not so sure about tablets, but will be happy to learn something new.
> looking forward to discussing what's common/what's not next week to see
> how to push this forward.

About tablets - Just bought an 8'' android device (Archos 9G 80) , and I
also have an android phone (Samsung Galaxy S II). Of course using the
browser on the tablet is more convenient , but I can tell you for
example I prefer to use the youtube, gmail and gtalk applications and
not their web sites (although they are more usable than they are on my
phone, of course).
Yair