Call for Agenda Items -- oVirt Weekly Sync Meeting 2012-07-18

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Tue Jul 17 15:48:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 07/16/2012 05:20 AM, Mike Burns wrote:
> This is the current agenda for the 2012-07-18 meeting:
>
> * Status of Next Release
> * Sub-project reports (engine, vdsm, node, infra)
> * Upcoming workshops
> * wiki organization (dneary)
>
> If you have additional topics to cover, please reply and I'll add them
> to the agenda.

I am travelling this week for OSCON, so I have limited internet
availability, and I'm way outside my usual timezone.

I will be lurking in IRC tomorrow at that time, but I would love to hear
any questions/suggestions beforehand, and I'll give a quick summary here
of where we are for the wiki & release work that's going on.

* Wiki organisation

I created this page to list things we need to do:
http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Website_organisation - some of the top
priorities I have are to take care of things like consistent page
naming: http://www.ovirt.org/project/community/ and orphan pages:
http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Special:LonelyPages - the orphan pages link
looks really bad, but most of the pages there are in a category (this,
however, does not count as being linked for this page - and I would like
to see us explicitly linking to pages from others, grouping and
structuring pages).

We need to figure out what should be on the front page, how we're going
to group all the information that's in the wiki already, and redo the
front page to reflect that.

* Release work

I would really like to have some demo videos, and have created a
skeleton page for the video screencasts here:
http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Screencasts - I identified ~10 features from
the thread we had last week which we'd like to see demoed.

Now I need help.

Each feature needs prerequisites/set-up (things you need to do or have
before you start the demo), and instructions for giving the demo. I
created a template for each feature, and gave my best effort for two
features (adding a new VM, and migrating a guest to a different node),
but I really do not yet have the domain knowledge or experience with the
project to do this work, at this point I need volunteers to help out.

Once we have the features we want to test described, people can start
recording the videos (we still need to figure out how to gather them, I
was thinking attachments to the wiki would be fine for the time being,
eventually they should end up on YouTube). And once we have the raw
video, we can add voice-overs.

So please help!

Thanks,
Dave.