Submitting Kimchi project as an oVirt incubator project

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Mon Jul 29 08:09:40 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Indeed much needed for various use cases from my talks in various events.
People would often ask me about managing a 1-2 hosts setup and Kimchi fits
right in and I'll be happy to demo it once I have the opportunity.

| hi Anthony,
|
| I think it will be great to compliment the ovirt solution.
| Is the idea to try and match the user portal/power user portal look and
| feel / style?
| I think its important to try and make it feel its coming from the same
| family.
| we'll VMs and templates be portable from one to the other (via ovf?
| something else?)
| show list of VMs from a remote ovirt-engine as well?
|
| do i understand correctly its a simplified web based "virt-manager", or
| 'server oriented' boxes, or am i missing something?
| (say, what's the envisioned roadmap of development for features?)
|
| Thanks,
|     Itamar

I agree keeping user experience and interoperability are important
to make it a valuable member of the oVirt ecosystem. This should
allow Kimchi users to grow their setups on the one hand, while test
a specific VM locally using Kimchy on the other hand.

So +1 from me, as long as we make sure users can benefit both projects
together without needing to re-create their guests.