Submitting Kimchi project as an oVirt incubator project

Anthony Liguori aliguori at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 29 12:58:17 UTC 2013

Doron Fediuck <dfediuck at redhat.com> writes:

> [...]

Yes, this is what started the project.  We've been getting a lot of
feedback from users/customers and the piece that we keep hearing is that
it's too hard to get started with a small deployment.

This is KVM feedback in general, not just oVirt related.

> | do i understand correctly its a simplified web based "virt-manager", or
> | 'server oriented' boxes, or am i missing something?
> | (say, what's the envisioned roadmap of development for features?)
> |
> | Thanks,
> |     Itamar
> |

> I agree keeping user experience and interoperability are important
> to make it a valuable member of the oVirt ecosystem. This should
> allow Kimchi users to grow their setups on the one hand, while test
> a specific VM locally using Kimchy on the other hand.

Yes.  From a development point of view, I'd prefer that we focus on the
"hand off" experience verses trying to converge the CSS themes or
anything like that though.

I think the later is a good idea in the very long term but in the short
term, there's much more value in the former.

> So +1 from me, as long as we make sure users can benefit both projects
> together without needing to re-create their guests.

Thanks!

Regards,

Anthony Liguori