[ovirt-devel] How To Auto Set oVirt RESTApi Session?

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Mon Dec 1 21:42:36 UTC 2014

On Monday, December 01, 2014 04:56:04 PM 王成俊 wrote:
> Dear Sir:
>
>          I am a new one in studing ovirt engine.Now,I have a Servlet in
> org.ovirt.engine.ui.frontend.server.gwt package.
>
>          I want to call
> *Frontend.getInstance().getLoginHandler().**onLoginSuccess(userName,
> password, domain)* to set session for restapi in this servlet.
>
>          But when I visit this servlet,it occur to show me an error which
> just like "*JBWEB000071: root cause java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.ovirt.engine.ui.uicompat.IFrontendActionAsyncCallback from [Module
> "deployment.engine.ear.webadmin.war:main" from Service Module
> Loader]*". I found that this error is occured by calling*
> Frontend.getInstance()*.
>
>          Can you tell me how to resolve this problem or a new way to set
> and resume restapi session in a servlet package of
> org.ovirt.engine.ui.front.server.gwt like the RestApiSessionManager in
> org.ovirt.engine.ui.webadmin.plugin.restapi package?
>
>            thanks!
>
> Best Regards!

Hi,

The problem you are experiencing is the fact the Frontend.getInstance() is a
frontend (client, which get compiled to javascript) class, and the servlet is
on the server side where this class is not defined (as it is frontend only).
Maybe if you could explain what you are trying to do we could assist better.

We have a mechanism of getting the REST api session on the front end when you
log in. On the backend you don't really need that, since you are on the
backend. So your question sort of confuses me at this point.

Alexander