[ovirt-devel] UI Plugin to Upload ISO Files

Federico Simoncelli fsimonce at redhat.com
Mon Dec 15 22:50:16 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Itamar Heim" <iheim at redhat.com>
> To: "Federico Simoncelli" <fsimonce at redhat.com>

Yeah it's confusing. Those are different upload/download verbs that
are not involving data to/from engine at all.

Basically those are regular tasks: upload or download an image to/from
an http server. They go through control path because data path is
between vdsm and the remote http server.

The REST api that we're discussing here instead is the (let's say)
glance-like interface that was designed exactly for this download
and upload image use-case from the calling endpoint (it is used for
the ovf files and I think hosted-engine is using it to inject the
engine appliance).

In mind we had streaming, not sure how much of that ended up in
real code (schedule was extremely tight at that time).

--
Federico