[ovirt-devel] oVirt Jboss packages for CentOS - naming issue?

Martin Sivak msivak at redhat.com
Fri Jul 25 15:52:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

I just realized we ship a package named jboss-as as a support package for oVirt engine on CentOS 6. I do not think that is a good idea:

1) The package is not compatible with the official jboss-as packages shipped with Fedora or RHEL 7
2) The files are in non-standard location - /usr/share/jboss-as vs. /usr/share/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final and that will cause packaging issues

I think we should rename our package to ovirt-jboss-as to distinguish it from the official packages or fix the paths so the result is "identical".

--
Martin Sivák
msivak at redhat.com
Red Hat Czech