[ovirt-devel] oVirt Jboss packages for CentOS - naming issue?

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Fri Jul 25 16:08:53 UTC 2014

On 07/25/2014 05:52 PM, Martin Sivak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just realized we ship a package named jboss-as as a support package for oVirt engine on CentOS 6. I do not think that is a good idea:
>
> 1) The package is not compatible with the official jboss-as packages shipped with Fedora or RHEL 7
> 2) The files are in non-standard location - /usr/share/jboss-as vs. /usr/share/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final and that will cause packaging issues
>
> I think we should rename our package to ovirt-jboss-as to distinguish it from the official packages or fix the paths so the result is "identical".

This has already been changed, in 3.5 and 3.4 for RHEL, CentOS and
Fedora 20:

  http://gerrit.ovirt.org/28064

The name of the package is ovirt-engine-jboss-as and it installs inside
/usr/share/ovirt-engine-jboss-as.

The old jboss-as package can be removed if you are using a recent 3.4 or
3.5.

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain