[ovirt-devel] NUMA-support oVirt scheduler intergation design
gchaplik at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 10:23:48 UTC 2014
This is the design for NUMA-support oVirt Scheduler integration; I'll add 3
policy unit modules (#) as described in following document:
(1) Filter Module: NUMA_HostFilter:
If the VM has NUMA vNodes/pinning configured, and the rule can't be
accommodated on the host, it'd filtered.
* pin2host filter should make sure the filter gets a single host. the
filter should be transparent to specific hosts.
* not sure we'll want to add this filter in first phase to all
cluster/scheduling policies; @Doron?
Should "even distribute" weights (scores) according to:
* Available memory on nodes
* Numatune memory mode (strict/preferred/interleave)
* Autonuma/pinned NUMA
(3) power_saving_NUMA (added to power_saving cluster/scheduling policy)
* same as even_dest_NUMA with opposite weights.
I'd appreciate any comment or suggestion.
Once approved by you, I'll update the feature page and upload a patch for
More information about the Devel