[ovirt-devel] jQuery?

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Thu Jun 5 13:44:14 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Any JavaScript-enabled widgets (like tooltips) do require bootstrap.js and
jquery.js. The only reason I didn't add them in the main PatternFly patch
is that we didn't need them back then. But now we need them.

> I thought that the purpose of "gwtbootstrap3" GWT module (integration with
> Bootstrap CSS framework) was to provide such widgets in context of GWT app.
> If not, what is then the purpose of "gwtbootstrap3" module?

gwtbootstrap3 provides renderings of GWT widgets that are compatible with
bootstrap css. It does not rewrite the jQuery code into GWT-JavaScript code.

> In other words, doesn't "gwtbootstrap3" module provide us with all widgets
> we need?

I wouldn't say "provide." It enables using the widgets more easily from GWT.

Take a look at https://github.com/gwtbootstrap3/gwtbootstrap3/blob/master/gwtbootstrap3/src/main/java/org/gwtbootstrap3/client/ui/Tooltip.java
line 521 on down.

It simply wraps everything for ease-of-use from GWT / UIBinder.

Greg