[ovirt-devel] Question/thoughts about our engine logging framework

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Fri Jun 13 06:15:55 UTC 2014

Hi all,
During my recent work on AAA, I was suggested by Juan Hernandez  to use slf4j logging framework which serves as a facade for other logging frameworks (including java utils logging which is now used by jboss), log4j and others.
I have accepted Juan's offer, and then when looking at our LogFactory class I have noticed we use commons logging.

Several thoughts/questions -
A. Why continue use our own wrapper as slf4j is already a facade.
b. I think we should move cross java code to slf4j. What do you think on this point?

Some reading material -

http://javarevisited.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/why-use-sl4j-over-log4j-for-logging-in.html
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3222895/what-is-the-issue-with-the-runtime-discovery-algorithm-of-apache-commons-logging

Yair