[ovirt-devel] Question/thoughts about our engine logging framework

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Fri Jun 13 08:43:59 UTC 2014

Hi Yair,

I had in my mind to clean up logging framework mess for quite some time :-)
Currently this is the usage of logging frameworks in engine classes:

java.util.logging.Logger              6.8%
org.apache.commons.logging.Log        7.8%
org.apache.log4j.Logger              13.6%
org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.log.Log  68.8%
org.slf4j.Logger                      2.9%

I think we should definitely use only 1 logging framework for the whole engine!

So +1 to slf4j from me.

And once we agree to 1 logging framework, I can start preparing patches to use it.