[ovirt-devel] [QE] [ACTION NEEDED] oVirt 3.5.0 Beta / branching delay

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Thu Jun 26 14:05:30 UTC 2014

Hi,
I started building ovirt-engine this morning as soon as ovirt infra team patches have been merged.
The build is still running since 6 hours ago due to heavy load of jenkins slaves, so we couldn't perform basic sanity tests on the build yet.
The build is based on git hash 54d6a0bba7e9d62f2ec3bd16157ca2387b57ab58 and is running here [1]
As soon as it finishes we'll publish it on nightly master snapshot and will be tested tomorrow morning.
If sanity test passes, the ovirt-engine-3.5 branch will be created from above hash with the content of the snapshot including the build [1].

Any other change to the repo other than critical fixes (like missing dependency fixes or new builds addressing critical issues) shouldn't be allowed
in that yum repository. If you're aware of any critical issue fixed later than 54d6a0bba7e9d62f2ec3bd16157ca2387b57ab58 please let us know as soon as
possible.

Note to VDSM team, I see VDSM already branched a few days ago but in nightly snapshot builds are still coming from master branch and no jenkins job
has been created for building from 3.5 yet.
Please provide the right RPM needed for this beta release or the one built from master will be taken.

I'm sorry for the delay.

[1] http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-engine_master_create-rpms_merged/2105/

--
Sandro Bonazzola