[ovirt-devel] XML benchmarks

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 09:14:34 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Here. Attached un updated script (xmlbench2.py) which uses 'psutil'
(https://pypi.python.org/pypi/psutil) to gather the samples.

CPU sampled each 500ms (half a second). 100% is one core.
My laptop reports 4 core (dualcore with hyperthreading).

See attached some graphs for easier comsumption and their gnuplot recipe.

cpu_300t_3m.png: load using the test script with 300 threads, each thread runs ~3 minutes
cpu_500t_3m.png: load using the test script with 500 threads, each thread runs ~3 minutes

sampling is not really accurate but it is more than enough to get an idea.

--
Francesco Romani
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D