[ovirt-devel] Stable branch gerrit hook and Related-To: bug

Vered Volansky vered at redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 16:46:51 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

The Related-To is enough, there's no need for such over-head, it will just create unnecessary extra work for David/Marin and confusion between the specific tag usage. Let's keep it simple.
Sometimes we just write patches that don't fix the bug, but we need them merged in order to write more patches that actually fix the bug.
We just need to define what we need them to do, which is -
1. Adding the patches as a tracker to the bz is a nice-to-have.
2. We must be able to merge them into the stable branch.
3. They may change the bz to post but never to modified.

Let's not forget that in special cases we can always manually change the bz state.
The common case for the Related-To patches can be handled as mentioned above.

Vered