[ovirt-devel] python-cpopen

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 14:27:37 UTC 2015

Hi,
I'm looking at python-cpopen package as missing dependency for building VDSM within CentOS Virt SIG.
I see that Fedora and EPEL have version 1.3 but I see that our git repository has the following tags:

$ git remote -v
origin	git://gerrit.ovirt.org/cpopen (fetch)
origin	git://gerrit.ovirt.org/cpopen (push)

$ git tag --list
1.3.0
1.3.1
v1.4

We don't have jenkins build for cpopen, we rely on Fedora and EPEL releases.
I see also that the tar.gz used for building the Fedora RPM is not matching any of the above tags:
http://bronhaim.fedorapeople.org/cpopen-1.3.tar.gz
and it doesn't exist anymore.

I suggest to build cpopen-1.4 from v1.4 tag and publish the .tar.gz on oVirt site.
Then bump version on Fedora and EPEL to 1.4 accordingly.

Please keep aligned tags and tarball versions or it will become a nightmare to track issues between them.

That said, is v1.4 to be considered as formally released? Should I build from that tag for CentOS Virt SIG?

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com