[ovirt-devel] python-cpopen

ybronhei ybronhei at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 16:04:02 UTC 2015

On 02/16/2015 04:27 PM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm looking at python-cpopen package as missing dependency for building VDSM within CentOS Virt SIG.
> I see that Fedora and EPEL have version 1.3 but I see that our git repository has the following tags:
>
> $ git remote -v
> origin	git://gerrit.ovirt.org/cpopen (fetch)
> origin	git://gerrit.ovirt.org/cpopen (push)
>
> $ git tag --list
> 1.3.0
> 1.3.1
> v1.4
>
> We don't have jenkins build for cpopen, we rely on Fedora and EPEL releases.
> I see also that the tar.gz used for building the Fedora RPM is not matching any of the above tags:
> http://bronhaim.fedorapeople.org/cpopen-1.3.tar.gz
> and it doesn't exist anymore.
>
> I suggest to build cpopen-1.4 from v1.4 tag and publish the .tar.gz on oVirt site.
> Then bump version on Fedora and EPEL to 1.4 accordingly.
>
> Please keep aligned tags and tarball versions or it will become a nightmare to track issues between them.
>
> That said, is v1.4 to be considered as formally released? Should I build from that tag for CentOS Virt SIG?

Hey,

I published 1.3-5
https://brewweb.devel.redhat.com/buildinfo?buildID=420253 for el7 to
have ppc build for cpopen

It is testing release from my point of view. 1.3-4 still the official
and available for all dists (in koji and brew)

1.4 is current master and we haven't got there yet to publish 1.4 package.

I didn't upload updated tarball to the fedorapeople account so the link
in the spec will direct you to older version [1] - which I'll fix

the build that should be used in addition to ovirt repo for vdsm is
1.3-4 and it's available
we can make a job for those sub packages as well (cpopen, ioprocess,
pthreading ..), should be quite easy and we already have infra for that

[1] http://bronhaim.fedorapeople.org/cpopen-1.3.tar.gz

--
Yaniv Bronhaim.