[ovirt-devel] [DB] Diffrent UUIDs for inserted data per installation

Eli Mesika emesika at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 16:05:51 UTC 2015

Hi

I am trying to cleanup all the data insertion to the engine DB and make it more general
The main drive to that is DB version squashing that was done manually and therefor was error prone ...

I know that both storage_pool_id (a.k.a DC) and vds_group_id (a.k.a Cluster) needs to get a different UUID per installation.
But I had found that UUIDs are generated per installation for also :

table          |   column/s
------------------------------------

[cpu_profiles] : id

[gluster_services] : id

[mac_pools] : id

[permissions] : id, object_id

[vm_device]: device_id, vm_id

[vm_static] : vm_guid

[vnic_profiles] : id

Please let me know if any of the above should be generated using the uuid_generate_v1() function on each installation or we can have static IDs for those.

Thanks
Eli Mesika