[ovirt-devel] [DB] Diffrent UUIDs for inserted data per installation

Arik Hadas ahadas at redhat.com
Thu Jan 22 12:14:26 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> Hi
>
> I am trying to cleanup all the data insertion to the engine DB and make it
> more general
> The main drive to that is DB version squashing that was done manually and
> therefor was error prone ...
>
> I know that both storage_pool_id (a.k.a DC) and vds_group_id (a.k.a Cluster)
> needs to get a different UUID per installation.
> But I had found that UUIDs are generated per installation for also :
>
> table          |   column/s
> ------------------------------------
>
> [cpu_profiles] : id
>
> [gluster_services] : id
>
> [mac_pools] : id
>
> [permissions] : id, object_id
They are generated for instance-types.
id doesn't have to be different per installation
object_id doesn't have to be different either since it points to id of default instance-type that can be static

> [vm_device]: device_id, vm_id
device_id - generated when adding virtio-serial devices. It doesn't have to be different per installation
I didn't find where vm_id is generated..

> [vm_static] : vm_guid
Generated when inserting default instance-types. It doesn't have to be different per installation