[ovirt-devel] VM won't start because of -incoming flag after upgrading to alpha-2

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Tue Jul 7 09:04:24 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Hi,

> Domain id=5 is tainted: hook-script
> 2015-07-07T07:39:27.215579Z qemu-kvm: Unknown migration flags: 0
> qemu: warning: error while loading state section id 2
> 2015-07-07T07:39:27.215681Z qemu-kvm: load of migration failed: Invalid
> argument
> The reason is that Engine was starting the VM with the -incoming flag (for
> "incoming migrations").
>
> 1) Why did engine enable the -incoming flag?

It should not, it should be added by VDSM only when it creates a migration destination VM/

> VM was configured with "Allow manual migration only".
> Maybe this ocurred because I set the host in maintenance mode before
> upgrading.
>
> 2) How can I clean the -incoming flag in oVirt?

Short answer: you cannot, but because it should not be added randomly

> 3) Note that the "domain is tainted" error was also freezing the monitor
> socket between libvirt and vdsm, requiring a libvirtd + vdsmd restart.

Could be QEMU issue.
BTW, can you please share the VDSM log which includes the misbehaviour?

Thanks,

--
Francesco Romani
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D