[ovirt-devel] VM won't start because of -incoming flag after upgrading to alpha-2

Christopher Pereira kripper at imatronix.cl
Tue Jul 7 08:22:20 UTC 2015

Hi,

After upgrading from alpha-1 to alpha-2 and restarting services, a VM
won't start because of the following qemu error:

    Domain id=5 is tainted: hook-script
    2015-07-07T07:39:27.215579Z qemu-kvm: Unknown migration flags: 0
    qemu: warning: error while loading state section id 2
    2015-07-07T07:39:27.215681Z qemu-kvm: load of migration failed:
    Invalid argument

The reason is that Engine was starting the VM with the -incoming flag
(for "incoming migrations").

1) Why did engine enable the -incoming flag?
VM was configured with "Allow manual migration only".
Maybe this ocurred because I set the host in maintenance mode before
upgrading.

2) How can I clean the -incoming flag in oVirt?

3) Note that the "domain is tainted" error was also freezing the monitor
socket between libvirt and vdsm, requiring a libvirtd + vdsmd restart.