[ovirt-devel] [vdsm][mom][jsonrpc] new VDSM interface for MOM

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Mon May 11 08:28:11 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm working to brush up and enhance my old hack https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/37827/1

That patch adds a new MOM interface, to talk with VDSM using the RPC interface.
On top of that, I want to make efficient use of VDSM API (avoid redundant call, possibly
issuing only one getAllVmStats call and caching the results, and so forth)

Next step will be to backport optimizations to current vdsmInterface.
Or maybe, even replacing the new vdsminterface with the new one I'm developing :)

I'd like to use the blessed JSON-RPC interface, but what's the recommended way to
do that? What is (or will be!) the official recommended VDSM external client interface?

I thought about patch https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/39203/

But my _impression_ is that patch will depend on VDSM's internal reactor, thus is not very
suitable to be used into an external process.

--
Francesco Romani
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D