[ovirt-devel] In windows OS & firefox brower, Window.Location.replace(url) would stop System to execute Command, and would not catch any error info.But other OS like firefox in linux would not happen like that

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Thu Nov 12 14:37:06 UTC 2015

On Thursday, November 12, 2015 01:41:38 PM 温蓓 wrote:
> HiI want to redirct the page when ovirt admin logout, so I add
> :Window.Location.replace("/test.html") in ApplicationPlaceManager.java as
> below:
> @Override
> public void revealDefaultPlace() {
> PlaceRequest pr = getDefaultPlace();
> if (pr == null) {
> //Window.Location.replace("/test.html"); //$NON-NLS-1$
> } else {
>         revealPlace(pr);
> }
> } or in
> LoginModel.java\BaseApplicationInit.java etc. It can achieve to redirect by
> chrome,IE and firefox in Linux, and would execute LogoutUserCommand to
> clean user session,Then at firefox in Windows no matter which version, it
> could redirect but would not execute LogoutUserCommand, so I can log into
> System by previous URL without password.  How can I redirect URL when
> logout?Is there any config files for this? I could not find it, thanks a
> lot :) Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 3.4.5
> Steps to Reproduce: 1.update code:ApplicationPlaceManager.java  public void
> revealDefaultPlace() {         PlaceRequest pr = getDefaultPlace();
> if (pr == null) {             //Window.Location.replace("/test.html");
> //$NON-NLS-1$         } else {             revealPlace(pr);         }     }
> 2.login system and logout 3.input previous url like
> :xxxxxx/ovirt-engine/webadmin/?locale=zh_CN#vms and can redirect. Actual
> results: redirect into vm page. Expected results: redirect into login page.

Hi,

I am trying to decipher your message (it got garbled for some reason). And I
am trying to understand what you are trying to do. If I understand correctly
you want to redirect to some other page after you have logged out of the web
admin.

To get back to the specifics of your question. The DefaultPlace is the #XXX in
the URL you are sent to (note its not an actual redirect, since there is no
round trip to the server), if you don't specify a particular place. When you
do #vms the whole DefaultPlace mechanism is not in play since you specified a
particular place.

What does happen is that the framework asks the LoggedInGatekeeper if the user
is logged in (in the canReveal() method). If the user is logged in, it will
proceed to the normal place requested (in your example #vms). If the user is
not logged in, it will switch places to #login and display the login screen.

Now you say you are using 3.4.5 which is quite old, and its been some time
since I worked with it. If I understand correctly what you are trying to do,
don't mess around with the DefaultPlace. In BaseApplicationInit there should
be a 'onLogout' method. In there should be a callback that happens AFTER the
user is logged out from the server. Right now it says something
Window.Location.reload() to reload the page after the logout. You should be
able to put your Window.Location.replace in there (replace the reload with the
replace). Which I think will do what you want.

If it doesn't do what you want, I am going to need some more information on
what it is that you are trying to do.

Alexander