[ovirt-devel] [oVirt 3.6 Localization Question #32] "Due to xxxxxxx:"

Einav Cohen ecohen at redhat.com
Wed Sep 9 20:41:48 UTC 2015

Hi Yuko,

[adding Martin Betak to confirm the below]

These messages are part of warnings that will appear in a
confirmation pop-up that will be displayed in case of
attempting to edit a Cluster in a way that may harm Hosts
and/or VMs within that Cluster.

See http://i.imgur.com/F2dm3bb.png for a screen-shot that
demonstrates one of the possible warnings (in this case -
it contains the CLUSTER_WARN_VM_DUE_TO_DECREASED_CLUSTER_CPU_LEVEL
message).

The first three messages that you have mentioned are Host-
related, therefore they will be preceded by the following
sentence:
"""
The following hosts may become non-operational under
specified configuration:
"""
[resource ID: clusterEditHostTitle]

The last message that you have mentioned is VM-related,
therefore it will be preceded by the following sentence
(as can also be seen in the screen-shot I linked above):
"""
The following VMs may encounter some problems under
specified configuration:
"""
[resource ID: clusterEditVmtTitle]

Each one of the 4 messages that you have mentioned will
be followed by a list of the names of the items (i.e.
the Hosts or VMs) that may be harmed due to the Cluster's
edit; each name may be accompanied with the value of the
item's relevant property for that particular message.

for CLUSTER_WARN_HOST_DUE_TO_UNSUPPORTED_MACHINE_TYPE:
the listed items following this message will be in the format of:

* {host-name} [{comma-separated-emulated-machine-types}]

e.g.
"""
* host1 [rhel6.6.0,pc,rhel6.5.0]
* host2 [rhel6.4.0,rhel6.3.0,rhel6.2.0]
"""

--

for CLUSTER_WARN_HOST_DUE_TO_UNSUPPORTED_RANDOM_DEVICE_SOURCE
and CLUSTER_WARN_HOST_DUE_TO_UNSUPPORTED_HWRNG_SOURCE:
the listed items following this message will be in the format of:

* {host-name}

e.g.
"""
* host1
* host2
"""

(no accompanying property value in this case)

--

for CLUSTER_WARN_VM_DUE_TO_DECREASED_CLUSTER_CPU_LEVEL:
the listed items will be in the format of:

* {vm-name} [{vm-cpu-type}]

e.g.
"""
* vm2 [Opteron_G3]
* vm1 [Opteron_G4]
"""
(as seen in the screen-shot I linked above)

----
Thanks,
Einav