[ovirt-devel] Move host-deploy package installations into package?

Fabian Deutsch fdeutsch at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 16:36:35 UTC 2016

Hey,

IIUIC host-deploy is currently installing some packages manually:

https://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-host-deploy.git;a=blob;f=src/plugins/ovirt-host-deploy/vdsm/packages.py;hb=HEAD

Can't these dependencies moved to vdsm - or if not - can't they be
moved to a ovirt-host package?
Then we'd have all package related informations in one place.

I find it odd that host-deploy is taking care of package installation,
imo it should be sufficient to install a single package and have a
host ready.

host-deploy can then focus on just configuring the existing packages.

Thoughts?

- fabian