[ovirt-devel] Cockpit port open by default after adding host

Fabian Deutsch fdeutsch at redhat.com
Mon Feb 29 13:43:15 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Piotr Kliczewski
<piotr.kliczewski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fabian,
>
> When ovirtnode is installed firewall should not be configured.
> Please see InstallVdsInternalCommand#installHost():
>
>                     case oVirtNode:
>                         log.warn(
>                             "Installation of Host {} will ignore
> Firewall Override option, since it is not supported for Host type {}",
>                             getVds().getName(),
>                             getVds().getVdsType().name()
>                         );
>
> It looks like it could be a bug that we attempt to reconfigure
> firewall when we should not.

Please note that the Node Next images do not identify themselfs as
Node, they look like regular CentOS to Engine/host-deploy - and it
should configure the host as it would configure a normal CentOS.

But still - how can we ask host-deploy/engine to open a specific port
during deployment?

- fabian

> Thanks,
> Piotr
>
> On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Fabian Deutsch <fdeutsch at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> we use cockpit on Node Next, and we configure firewalld to open the
>> port by default.
>>
>> However, after adding the host to Engine, the port is getting closed
>> again because iptables is the used.
>> How do you recommend to get the cockpit port opened by default?
>>
>> - fabian

Fabian Deutsch <fdeutsch at redhat.com>
RHEV Hypervisor
Red Hat