[ovirt-devel] [vdsm][virt] what's new in virt (20160105) - short edition

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Tue Jan 5 14:24:20 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

One little update: a topic branch aimed to fix a bug, and doing some cleanup along the way:
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/topic:bz1253043

Topic breakdown:
first patches are trivial (~10 lines each) cleanups - trivally backportable
then comes the real fix - easy to backport
afterwards comes deeper cleanup - may or may not be backported

https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/51383/ - silly cleanup: while we have response module, we use it
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/51384/ - trivial cleanup
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/51385/ - same, narrowing a try/except block
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/51386/ - trivial tiny helper extraction, to enable further work
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/51387/ - the real bug fix, easily backportable
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/51388/ - all the recovery related code in one module (NOT vm.py! :) )
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/51389/ - internal consolidation for recovery.py

squeezing tests in is not trivial before this topic branch, but will try to do something anyway, or post
another patch adding tests.
However, these changes are easy to test manually.

Bests,

--
Francesco Romani
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D